Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Informal Post

Hi!

I'm Matthew Milewski and I grew up Christian. I went to Sunday School pretty much every Sunday until some point in high-school. I also attended a Youth Group every Friday and participated in weekend trips. As I became older I started to realize a lot of things about religion that were not very apparent to me in previous years.  Things my parents turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to so they could continue their faith with no questions asked. For me the concept of religion is not troubling, it the faces that sit behind it. Our world needs religion, however religion has become such a lifestyle to many that life without it, or lived without the practice of a particular religion, seems very odd to many. When it becomes a scenario like that of a high school cafeteria where everyone is sitting within there own identified cliques talking smack about people at other tables that's when the food fight starts. When things get ridiculous in real life, people get mocked, shunned, peer pressured, and even killed over something as controversial as who's God really exists. I'm not saying there is no God or believing in God is not viable. When people act like idiots because something going on in the world contradicts their beliefs that are written in some ancient text that who really knows who wrote it. I believe religion is a way to pacify the masses, and that's not a bad thing. I guess it just depends on whether or not you believe. 

I'm neither for or against it, I guess I'm a sort of skeptic.  
I think there is some sort of a higher being or knowledge, I just don't think he's very happy that his son has become a marketing ploy for religious faith. 

Matt         

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that high school cafeteria metaphor. Religion isn't the problem. The problem is the foolishness of too many of the people who practice it.

    ReplyDelete