Monday, January 19, 2009

Dogma

Hello everyone, for those of you who don’t know me my name is Zack Morse. For my first post I was hoping to share a pop culture representation of the secular and the sacred. One of my favorite representations of both the secular and the sacred is the film Dogma. Written and directed by Kevin Smith this film takes a controversial look at religion, specifically the Catholic Church, and several other religious institutions. I was raised as a catholic like some others in our class and that meant going to church every Sunday and then going to Sunday school for the rest of the day. I stopped going to church sometime during middle school. The only time that I seem to go to church anymore is for a wedding and a funeral. Maybe my opinion will change after taking this course and maybe not; the only thing that I wish to gain is a greater understanding of organized religion.
Dogma. Dir. Kevin Smith. Perf. Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Linda Fiorentino, Jason Mewes, Chris Rock, Alan Rickman, Jason Lee, Salma Hayek. Lions Gates Films. 1999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jd_0ZChHmY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKTmsBbE20

No comments:

Post a Comment