Monday, January 19, 2009

First Blog - Shrine Making

Hey all - Heather here!
The first thought that came to my mind when I signed up for this core class was the fact that I know very little about religion. I grew up in a non-practicing Christian household, but from my early teen years and especially after my parents divorce, my dad worked to instill in me Native American beliefs he was raised on, so my view of spirituality is pretty different than most. That being said, I'm most looking forward to the shrine project we are going to have, and although we haven't gotten the assignment yet, I've already been struggling with what to do for mine.

While perusing the internet, I happened across this neat site on shrine making. (http://gomakesomething.com/ht/shrines/shrine-making/) I thought I'd post it in case other people struggle with the prokect. For those who don't have the time to read it, the most interesting notion I pulled from it was:

"a shrine is a self-contained expression of a single thought or theme".

Hopefully it will be useful for some during our project!

~Heather Ryder~

No comments:

Post a Comment