Friday, April 24, 2009

Will Religion Ever Die

For my final blog post I was thinking about how long different forms of religion have lasted and have continuously been followed over time. This made me wonder whether or not religion as we know it will ever come to a complete stop or if everyone will one day believe in the same thing. Faith is such a strong thing and it made me think, even if someone had scientific proof of how we were created and what was really true, would all people except it or continue to follow what they believe to be true in their religion. On page 109 in The Stillborn God Lilla describes the human curiosity and how it can lead to beliefs in science or religion. This leads me to believe that we will never stop questioning our world and that we will always rely on science or religion for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment