Monday, April 13, 2009

"The Real Scandal of Religion"

I decided to read an article about religion and comment on it...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/the_real_scandal_of_religion.html

"It is very difficult to understand how those who worship a man on a cross could help to drive the bloody nails themselves." - Copyright 2009, Washington Post Writers Group

The article basically talks about how many religious people are able to commit terrible murders, and yet they are people of god. And it doesn’t just talk about terrible crimes like what Hitler did; it also talks about how religious people do things like save themselves instead of helping others. The articles main points are with Hitler and how two thirds of the votes were passed by the most popular religion in Germany at the time; Christianity. While I was growing up I couldn’t understand how religious people could really be bad, but now I realize that most people that do commit crimes or murder people are religious to begin with. It also makes me wonder, is religion really necessary on this planet? I’m sure we could live without it. (no video sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment