Monday, April 13, 2009

Picking a Religion

During this semester we have talked mostly in class about how people are mostly religious or not and what the difference between the secular and sacred lifestyles. I thought it would be interesting to see how many people go out and pick their religions based on what the religion offers.

It seems that most of the time people are raised with a specific religion in the household that he or she has grown up in. However, I know personally that when I was going through high school I disagreed with the majority of teachings that I had learned in my childhood youth. It seemed as if I needed to find something that fitted my lifestyle, having a religion custom fitted to my needs.

I'm not sure if everyone else has gone through this process, however I found this video that made me laugh and was exactly how I was picturing the process....




I was wondering if anyone else went though this same process or not. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. This clip was very funny, I have never had to go through this process of choosing a religion but it reminded me of a episode from Spin City where the mayor was trying to pick a religion for himself and met with each one discussed pros and cons of each in a comical way.

    ReplyDelete