Monday, April 20, 2009

Religion and Interpretation

The more I think about religion, and the more I learn about religion, I realize that there is no way of ever being sure of anything, except for what you believe in. Religion does not, in my opinion, shape your beliefs, but rather the other way around. There are thousands of different religions in this world, and no matter what you believe in, you can find a religion that you can associate yourself with, or find the followers to create your own. With that said, I do believe that Christianity is the most successful religion, but not because I personally follow it, or I feel it is right or wrong, but rather because it is the most vague. Christianity has left itself the most gray area, and therefore is much easier for people to associate with, because they can bend the rules and interpret the Bible to mean pretty much anything they want.

An example of just creating a religion to bend to your own beliefs is seen in this video on Eddie Izzard’s take on religion:

No comments:

Post a Comment