Sunday, March 8, 2009

more serious, or less!?

This idea came to me today when I was hanging out with my friends. It seems like our generation is a lot less serious about religion, than our parent’s generation. What I mean to say is, our parents follow religion more properly, or used to follow it well. You or a friend might be labeled with a religion, but you don’t necessarily follow it or care about it. Most kids in our generation I ask about their religion they say, “Oh, I’m this and this, but I don’t actually take it seriously.” I asked a Japanese girl, she said that she doesn’t follow the religion. I asked two kids from India, they said they don’t take it seriously, or they have their own ideals on the religious topic. So, it seems that it’s not just in America where this is going on, it’s happening all around the world. To me it really does seem like religion is becoming less serious in a way. Even our parents are becoming less serious about it. I will use my parents as an example. They used to a lot more religious when they first came to America, and ten years later, which is now… my mom has stopped going church almost completely, and my dad overlooks many rules or whatnot in his religion. My best guess is, it’s because of this sped up life style now a days. I’m sure there’s a lot more reasons why this is happening, so I’ll lets the class discuss it. And, I don’t want to write a lot like some people… you know who you are… >_>


And now a completely random video, cause I know you guys love videos... I have no clue what this movies about, but sounded cool. I would also like to mention that this video has nothing to do with my opinions. Enjoy. =D

1 comment:

  1. The American Religious Identification Survey was just released yesterday, and its results seems to support your observations.

    Here are a bunch of graphs showing the results:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-03-09-ARIS-faith-survey_N.htm

    ReplyDelete